Sunday, July 1, 2012

Nap Time

The munchkin fell asleep on me while he was nursing, so I am typing as carefully and quietly as I can.

It has been a pretty productive weekend.  Saturday was spent organizing and cleaning the basement.  We ended up with quite a few items for the curb fairies. I was sitting outside when a family came by and asked me how much for some of the stuff and I said everything is yours to grab and they were quite happy to cart away a cd rack and some shelves.  Most of the good stuff has walked away now and we will have to get some bulk stickers for the rest.

After the organizing and cleaning, we took a family trip to the mall.  I found another pair of vegan Toms, which made me wicked happy since I've been wearing my one pair constantly.   I picked up a couple cute tops on sale at Ann Taylor Loft, and we found Micah some work appropriate shoes at Merrells.  I also picked up another 6 rolls of red tulle to make tutus for Michelle, Laurel, and me for the Red Dress Run next weekend.

Saturday evening I made dinner with some of our haul from this weeks farmshare.  I sort of threw a bunch of yummy vegetables with spices together and served it over quinoa pasta with a side of polenta and marinara. It came out really tasty.  It was onion, garlic scapes, zucchini, summer squash, white beans, tomatoes, with a sauce of olive oil, thyme, basil, oregano, and nutritional yeast.
Yum!

I love polenta... and I totally painted that wine glass at a class at the West Hartford Art League.

Dinner was munchkin approved.

This morning I snuck out of bed to get some time sewing.  I'm working on making fitted cloth diapers.  I'm still working on my pattern- so this one is for the munchkin, but eventually I'd like to get some more testers and put these on my hyenacart for sale. 

Upcycled T-shirt as the outer layer.  I also love love love my snap press :)

I'm still figuring out how I want the soaker layers to work.  This is three layers of bamboo french terry and cotton velour.

Tada!

And the back.

Last night I finished knitting the munchkin a delightfully nerdy pair of shorties. They are blocking now and I can't wait to put them on him! I need to finish the i-cord drawstring now.  I think they came out wicked cute so now I'm planning a few other geeky, old-school video game themed woolies.

 
 Off to knit!


No comments:

Post a Comment