Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another day, another nap...

I went out this morning for a haircut, leaving  the munchkin with Daddy for about an hour.  When I returned he was in full-blown toddler meltdown mode.  The fact that I went to the bathroom before picking him up caused him to fling himself dramatically on the floor and kick his legs in the air.  So once I took care of mother nature I settled in on the couch with the boppy and cuddled up with Mr. Cranky-pants who fell asleep almost immediately after he started to nurse.  I will be sad when I no longer have that tantrum stopping miracle in my toolbox!

The munchkin is still sleeping on me.  I'm not surprised since he woke up about an hour earlier than normal.  I had an emotionally draining trial all day yesterday so today I'm kinda taking it easy.  I have Doctor Who playing in the background while I organize my thoughts for my proposed findings that are due at the end of the month.  But I decided to take a little break and play with blogger.

We've mostly switched to fitted diapers (now that I have an obsession with Twinkie Tush Cloth Diapers) so the munchkin has been wearing mostly wool shorties now that the weather is nice.  But I can only knit so fast and he really needed a few more soaker- type shorts.  So I snuck out of bed this morning and made him three fleece shorties. They came out pretty cute.  He is wearing the blue ones right now.

It took me about an hour to make all three, so I thought that I'd have another hour or so to get a few chores done and maybe knit a bit before the baby woke up... but as I headed to get the laundry ready I heard him crying in bed.  So instead of getting stuff done we started our morning a little early.  

My hair had been driving me nuts.  I used to have really long hair, but a couple months back I had it chopped off and sent about 12 inches to locks of love.  I love my short sassy haircut, and it was in desperate need of a touch up.  So I called the salon first thing this morning and they were able to squeeze me in at noon.  

Short hair and a sleepy baby


After my haircut, I grabbed an iced coffee from the cafe next door, dropped off a couple packages at the post office and headed home. 

Now I'm just waiting for the munchkin to wake up so that we can head across the street to the farmer's market and pick up our CSA, and maybe some of that addictive kettlecorn that we both love.

I have to say I love when I am able to get a lot accomplished without having to get in the car.  It is nice to be able to walk to run errands.  It almost makes me feel like I live in a real city!

Hmm... the baby is still asleep.  I wonder how long this will last. 



No comments:

Post a Comment