Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Maple Coconut Kale Chips


I love kale. When I was pregnant I actually craved it. I especially love kale chips.  One day Michy brought home Maple Coconut Kale chips from the coop.  I thought "maple coconut kale.... i don't know... that sounds really weird." But wow they were good. Sweet and crunchy! yum.  Those kale chips were made by Jungle Treats.  Jungle Treats makes really delicious dehydrated kale chips, so they are raw too.

I had a bunch of kale leftover from the farmer's market tueday and I had been thinking about those kale chips... so I thought I'd give it a try.  They came out delicious!

So here is my recipe:

One Bunch of Kale
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 of Grade B Maple Syrup
1/2 cup of Shredded Coconut

1. Preheat the Oven to 400, place the rack in the middle of the oven.


2. Tear up the kale into bite-sized pieces

3. Put all the ingredients together in a large bowl

4. Mix it up- I use my hands to make sure all the kale is nicely coated

5.  Spread the mixture out on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.  Then check them... if they aren't crispy yet keep checking every 3-4 minutes.  Be careful and keep a close eye on them, kale chips go from not done to burnt really fast! You could also do them in a dehydrator, but I didn't have the patience to wait all night :)

6. Try not to eat them all in one sitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment