I had a bunch of kale leftover from the farmer's market tueday and I had been thinking about those kale chips... so I thought I'd give it a try. They came out delicious!
So here is my recipe:
One Bunch of Kale
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 of Grade B Maple Syrup
1/2 cup of Shredded Coconut
1. Preheat the Oven to 400, place the rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Tear up the kale into bite-sized pieces
3. Put all the ingredients together in a large bowl
4. Mix it up- I use my hands to make sure all the kale is nicely coated
5. Spread the mixture out on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Then check them... if they aren't crispy yet keep checking every 3-4 minutes. Be careful and keep a close eye on them, kale chips go from not done to burnt really fast! You could also do them in a dehydrator, but I didn't have the patience to wait all night :)
6. Try not to eat them all in one sitting!