Saturday, November 10, 2012

Vegan Shepard's Pie


It has been a long day.  The munchkin hasn't been sleeping past 6:30 since the end of daylight savings time.  I haven't had a quiet morning to myself in a week! So I was up early entertaining him while we made breakfast.

After a big pancake breakfast, and a house logistics meeting, we spent the rest of the day cleaning and organizing.  We have a ton of books.  Four adults who love books, one of whom was an English grad student accumulate a lot of stuff.   In my child-proofing paranoia, I've started to get kind of nervous about our towering overstuffed bookshelves so I asked my family to clear them out, give some books away, sell some, archive some, and only leave out a small fraction of what had been there.  It is a major project, but we are making really great progress. 

After all that hard work we needed a really hearty dinner... so I made us a nice comforting Shepard's pie.  Lentils instead of meat, frozen corn, mashed potatoes, sprinkled with a little nutritional yeast. 


comfort food- nom nom nom

munchkin approved. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great.
    I made one last week that had hubbard squash mixed with the potatoes. It was really good.

    ReplyDelete