Monday, November 12, 2012

Creamy Cauliflower and Kale Soup

My love affair with the vitamix continues.   This morning I made another batch of almond milk (and have more yummy crackers in the dehydrator), and for lunch I made a quick soup.  I love that I can make a hot creamy soup so quickly.  I love soup.  So today I raided the fridge to see what produce needed to be used.  We had some Cauliflower leftover from our farm share, half a red onion, and some kale that all needed to be finished up. So this is what I came up with...

  

Ingredients:
1 head of Cauliflower
1 bunch of Kale
1/2 large Red Onion
1 cup of vegetable broth
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 nutritional yeast
thyme, oregano, sage, and salt to taste

Chop and lightly steam the veggies (if you aren't using a vitamix I'd let them go longer- until they were very soft) 

While the veggies were steaming I prepared a base for the soup- 1 cup of veggie broth, blended with the cashews, herbs, and nutritional yeast

Throw in your steamed veggies and blend on high for 4-5 minutes until you see steam in the lid. 


Not quite munchkin approved, but he was completely distracted by how awesome the salt shaker is for all of lunch.   Micah and I, however, thought it was quite tasty.






No comments:

Post a Comment