Friday, November 9, 2012

Finally home...

after a long day.

My grandmother is in the hospital, so for the second time this week I packed up the munchkin and drove about 2 hours to Rhode Island to visit. Michy went out with me on Monday and today I went out with just the munchkin after I was done in court for the day.  In addition to seeing my grandmother, my brother flew out from California to visit so it was a chance to see him and let the munchkin get some time with his uncle, who he hasn't seen since he was about 6 weeks old. It made for a long day, but it was great to get some time with my family.  

But of course the day would not have been complete without playing with my Vitamix some more! When I woke up this morning, I made almond milk and then took the almond pulp to make almond crackers in my dehydrator. They were in there all day, and when I got home about a half hour ago they had become delicious crunchy crackers- and since I used the dehydrator they still have all the healthy benefits of raw almond.  I followed the almond milk up with some kale, spinach, carrot, celery, and apple juice... sounds like it would taste like grass- but it was surprisingly tasty.

Almond soaking overnight

2 cups of almonds, 4 cups of water

strained through the nutbag that came with the Vitamix

almond pulp

Delicious almond milk

kale, spinach, carrot, celery, and apple juice

playing at Nana's house

blocks with his uncle

when we got home the crackers were done

nom nom nom 

No comments:

Post a Comment