Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner Prep

is underway.  We are expecting to have 21 people for dinner so there is a ton of work to get finished.

So far I've baked and pureed pumpkin for the pies, I have pie crust chilling in the fridge, and finished the  cranberry sauce.  I actually feel like I'm a bit behind this year.  I was in court yesterday and today, and actually had a job interview that came up suddenly (cross your fingers for me) so I haven't been cooking as much as I would normally be in the days before the holiday.

Tomorrow I'm in court again, then its home to bake and prep.  I'm attempting to make gluten free puff pastry!

I had another happy experiment with the vitamix for dinner (unfortunatly I didn't take any pictures) but I made a soup by roasting carrots, parsnips, kale, and onions then blended them up with veggie broth and cashews.  It was delicious- but a little too thick.  I need to remember more liquid next time.

And speaking of the vitamix... the munchkin has started to say "yum yum yum" when I turn it on and run happily in circles around the kitchen.  I think he has been enjoying my experiments almost as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment