Sunday, August 12, 2012

Geek Baking

The Geeks are Sexy blog has a fun little post this morning about Amanda Oakleaf Cakes.  She is based in Boston and makes really awesome decorative cakes. 

I happened to be hanging out in the con-suite of Arisia when she was putting together a life-sized Stormtrooper cake and caught it on video.



I enjoy baking but haven't gotten too fancy with my cake design yet. Eventually I'd like to do more structural cakes. I have made a couple fancy cakes that I've been particularly proud of.

Ian turned 42 on his last birthday... so like any good geeky partner, I made him a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Themed Cake!

I got the idea from the Geek Mom blog

For the munchkin's first birthday we did a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed party, so with laurel's help I made a caterpillar with a cake head and cupcakes for the body. 

The cake along with other foods from the book

It was delightfully messy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment